Official Procedure Last Change February 25, 2022
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Objection/Responses > Reply
This event is used when directed by a national or local rule as well as to respond to an objection. Note that if replying to a Response to Motion for Withdrawal of Reference, that specific event must be used. If replying to a motion for summary judgment or motion to dismiss under Rule 12(b), the Brief event should be used
- The Reply must be signed by the filing party.
- A Certificate of Service must be included.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Objection/Responses.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Reply from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. Browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
8. Check box to refer an existing event, click Next.
9. At the category selection screen, click Next.
10. Check appropriate box next to the event to which the Reply relates and click Next.
Note: Only certain categories of documents are displayed. If the document to which you wish to relate the Reply is not shown, contact the Clerk's office for assistance.
11. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
12. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.