Official Procedure Last Change December 1, 2019
Objection to Confirmation of Plan or to Motion to Modify Plan
How to file:
Location of event:
Plan not confirmed: Bankruptcy > Plans & Disclosure Statements > Objection to Confirmation of Plan or Objection to Confirmation of Amended Plan
Plan confirmed: Bankruptcy > Plans & Disclosure Statements > Objection to Motion to Modify Plan Post-Confirmation
- If a subsequent Amended Chapter 13 Plan or Motion to Modify Plan is filed, the hearing on a creditor's objection to plan will not be vacated, unless:
- The creditor withdraws his objection, or
- an agreed entry/agreed modification, signed by the debtor and objecting creditor (and by the trustee if the trustee so requires) is filed, or
- a motion to continue the hearing is filed and granted.
- The trustee should set the hearing on the objection using block scheduling.
- The Objection must be signed by the filing party.
- The specific concerns with the plan or amended plan should be clearly stated, along with, if possible, the plan language desired.
- A Certificate of Service must be included.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Plans & Disclosure Statements.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Non-confirmed cases: Select Objection to Confirmation of Plan or Objection to Confirmation of Amended Plan and click Next.
Confirmed cases: Select Objection to Motion to Modify Plan Post-Confirmation and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. Browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
8. Check appropriate box next to the Plan, Amended Plan or Motion to Modify to which the objection relates and click Next (this step is skipped if there is only one possible document to which the objection can be related).
Note: Only pending documents are displayed. If the document to which you wish to relate the objection is not shown, contact the Clerk's office for assistance.
9. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.