Official Procedure Last Change July 25, 2022
Response to Motion to Dismiss Adversary Proceeding
How to file:
Location of event: Adversary > Miscellaneous
- This event should be used when a Response due date is set in conjunction with a Motion to Dismiss Adversary Proceeding.
- The document must be signed by the filing party or their attorney.
- A Certificate of Service must be included.
- If the Response is related to a Motion to Dismiss pursuant to Fed.R.Civ.P. 12(b)(6), an accompanying brief is required, and the filing of the brief will set a 14-day Reply deadline.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Adversary > Miscellaneous.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Response to Motion to Dismiss Adversary Proceeding from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
6. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next.
Note: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.
7. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Browse to attach the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
9. Check the box next to the related entry and click Next.
10. Review docket text for accuracy and click Next.
11. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.