Official Procedure Last Change April 28, 2014
Summary Judgment Notice to Pro Se Party
How to file:
Location of event: Adversary > Miscellaneous > Summary Judgment Notice to Pro Se Party (S.D.Ind. B-7056-1)
A movant seeking a summary judgment against an unrepresented party is required to file a notice that complies with S.D.Ind. B-7056-1(g). This notice may be included with the motion or filed separately using the instructions below.
- The Notice must be signed by the filing party.
- A Certificate of Service must be included.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Adversary > Miscellaneous.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Summary Judgment Notice to Pro Se Party (S.D.Ind. B-7056-1) from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next.
6. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next.
Note: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.
7. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
9. All motions for summary judgment currently on the docket are displayed. If not already selected, check box next to the motion to which your notice relates and click Next.
10. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
11. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.