You are here

Amended Adversary Complaints

Official Procedure Last Change April 25, 2014

Amended Adversary Complaints

How to file:

Location of event: Adversary > Complaint & Summons > Summons/Amended Complaint/Plaintiff's Initial Pleadings > Amended Complaint

Things to be aware of when filing: A motion for leave to amend complaint may be required as well - consult FRBP 7015 to determine this.

  • FRBP 7015, 7025

General Information

Consult FRBP 7015 to determine when a Motion for Leave to Amend Complaint may need to be filed before the filing on an amended complaint.

Filing requirements

Step-by-Step Instructions

1. Log into CM/ECF.

2. Select Adversary > Complaint & Summons > Summons/Amended Complaint/Plaintiff's Initial Pleadings.

3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.

4. Select Amended Complaint from the event list and click Next.

5. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.

Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.

6. Browse to attach the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.

7. Check the box next to the complaint that you are amending and click Next.

8. Select the appropriate radio button to indicate whether your Amended Complaint is seeking to add a new plaintiff or defendant and click Next.

9. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.

10. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.

Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.