Official Procedure Last Change October 7, 2015
Request for Alias Summons
How to file:
Location of event: Adversary > Complaint & Summons > Summons/Amended Complaint/Plaintiff's Initial Pleadings > Request for Alias Summons
Things to be aware of when filing: No PDF is required in order to docket this event.
- If a summons has already been issued by the Clerk of the Court but another summons is needed, perhaps because there was an error in the original one, it was served on the wrong party or to the wrong address or not served within the required time frame, the plaintiff may file a Request for Alias Summons to request that the Clerk issue a new summons.
- No PDF document is required - the event generates a docket-only entry.
None - no PDF is required.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Request for Alias Summons from the event list and click Next.
5. Select the summons to which the request relates and click Next.
6. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys. Click Next.
7. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
9. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.