Official Procedure Last Change March 6, 2009
Update EOUST Stats
In order to comply with Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005, the United States Trustee has requested more data from the debtor in accordance with reporting requirements.
This information is entered during the opening of a new case, if available at that time. The following procedure is to be followed in order to enter the required information on cases where the required data was not previously available, or if it is later discovered that the information was entered incorrectly.
No PDF document is required used with this event - the resultant docket entry is a "docket-only" (no PDF) entry.
In Chapter 7 Cases, there are two sections. The first section comes from schedules C, I and J and will collect information from four fields. The second section collects data from the Form B22A Test. There are approximately thirty fields of data collected under the Form B22A, some fields are optional depending on the debtors’ situation.
In Chapter 12 or 13 Cases, the statistical screen contains a check box used to collect debtor’s aggregated non-contingent liquidated debts shown on voluntary petition form B1 (voluntary petition) and information from Schedules C, I and J.
In Chapter 11 Cases, the statistical screen contains a check box used to collect debtor’s aggregated non-contingent liquidated debts shown on voluntary petition form B1 (voluntary petition) and information from Schedules C, I and J.
In order to supply the necessary data, the following documents must have been completed:
- Chapter 7: Schedules C, I & J and Statement of Current Monthly Income
- Chapter 12/13: Schedules C, I and J
- Chapter 11: Voluntary petition and information from Schedules C, I & J
Step by Step Instructions for entering data post-petition
If the required statistical information is being provided during case opening, do not use these instructions, Instead, please refer to the appropriate procedures for opening a new case.
- Log into ECF
- Select Bankruptcy > Miscellaneous.
- Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
- Select Update EOUST Stats from the event list and click Next.
- Click Next.
- Select party and click Next.
- Click Next.
- Enter or correct statistical information and click Next.
- Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
- Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit and to review Notice of Electronic Filing.