Official Procedure Last Change July 21, 2021
Statement of Small Business/Subchapter V Designation
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Subchapter V Events > Small Business/Subchapter V Designation, Statement of
This is used for involuntary cases and conversions where a Chapter 11 debtor (or one converting to Chapter 11) wishes to proceed under Subchapter V.
Upon filing of the document, deadlines are automatically set for the debtor to file Small Business Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement, Tax Returns and Statement of Operations, or Small Business Statement in Lieu
- The document must be signed by the debtor or debtor's attorney.
- A Certificate of Service must be included.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Subchapter V Events
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Small Business/Subchapter V Designation, Statement of. Click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Click to highlight Party. Click Next. If the party is not listed, click Add/Create New Party.
7. If no new attorney or party was added, skip to next step. If a new attorney or new party was added to the case, check appropriate box(es) to create an association between the attorney and party, click Next. If the associations are not correct, do not check any box, click Next.
9. Select all check boxes that apply and click Next.
9. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.