Official Procedure Last Change July 25, 2016
Chapter 12 Plans
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Plans & Disclosure Statements > Chapter 12 Plan
- The Chapter 12 plan is due within 90 days of the filing of the Petition.
- Once the plan is filed, the Court will issue a combined objection and hearing notice. That notice will also schedule a status conference regarding the plan, typically to be held the same day as the hearing on the plan. The debtor is responsible for distributing copies of this notice and the plan and to file a certificate of service.
- The plan must be signed by the attorney for the debtor or debtor if pro se.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Plans & Disclosure Statements.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Chapter 12 Plan from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. Browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
8. A message is displayed. Click Next.
9. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
Note: Do not select Amended - if you wish to file an Amended Chapter 12 Plan, use the Chapter 12 Plan - Amended event.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.