Official Procedure Last Change December 1, 2017
Chapter 13 Plan - Original/Corrected Original
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Plans & Disclosure Statements > Chapter 13 Plan - Original/Corrected Original
The debtor must file the Chapter 13 Plan within 14 days after the date of filing the Chapter 13 Petition or conversion to Chapter 13. Failure to do this or to timely file a Motion for Extension of Time could result in the dismissal of the bankruptcy case.
The trustee will distribute copies of the Plan along with a notice giving an objection opportunity to all creditors and parties of interest. If a case is in the process
of being transferred to another division or district (for instance, the objection time is running on a Motion to Transfer), the current trustee will do the distribution without waiting for the transfer to complete.
A corrected plan is used where the original plan was not distributed because it was deficient. Once the original plan has been distributed, any changes to the plan must be accomplished by the filing of an amended plan.
- Chapter 13 plans must use the Model Plan form approved by the Court.
- The plan must be filed as a separate event, not combined with any other document.
- The plan must have been signed by the attorney for debtor, or debtor if pro se.
- The Amended Plan check box must not be checked. See separate instructions if you wish to file an amended plan.
- There is no need to include a Certificate of Service - this will be filed by the trustee once the Court has prepared and docketed the plan notice.
- Do not include an objection notice along with the Plan - the court will prepare the notice.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Plans & Disclosure Statements.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Chapter 13 Plan - Original/Corrected Original from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. Browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
8. Check all relevant check boxes then click Next.
9. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.