Official Procedure Last Change June 26, 2014
Agreed Modification of Plan
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Plans & Disclosure Statements > Agreed Modification of Chapter 12/13 Plan
Things to be aware of when filing: The document should not be titled "Immaterial Modification to Plan."
- This event is available for use in chapter 12 and 13 cases which have not yet been confirmed. The Immaterial Modification to Plan event is used in Chapter 11 cases.
- If a modification to a plan has been agreed pre-confirmation and the change does not adversely impact any other creditors, it may be filed using the instructions below. Notice to creditors of the agreement is not required.
- If the modification does adversely impact other creditors, it should be filed as an Amended Plan, which requires notice to all creditors.
- Any modifications to a plan after confirmation should be filed as a Motion to Modify Plan, which requires notice to all creditors, or as an Agreed Entry Modifying Plan Post-Confirmation, which requires no notice.
- The Agreed Modification must be signed by all parties to the agreement.
- The document should not be titled "Immaterial Modification to Plan" - this term applies to Chapter 11 cases only.
- A proposed order does not need to be uploaded. The subsequent confirmation order will be deemed an approval of the plan as modified by the agreement.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Plans & Disclosure Statements.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Agreed Modification of Chapter 12/13 Plan from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Check the box next to the most recent plan or amended plan and click Next.
9. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.