Official Procedure Last Change November 15, 2016
Chapter 11 Voluntary Petition
Click here for complete filing requirements according to chapter.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > File Voluntary Bankruptcy Case.
3. Complete petition information screen. Click Next.
4. Enter Debtor’s/ Joint Debtor’s name or SSN. If a business, enter Tax ID. Click Search.
Note: The party name cannot be in ALL CAPITALS, and cannot be longer than 50 characters.
5. Select Create New Party.
6. Enter all Debtor/ Joint Debtor information.
7. Click Alias to add any aliases.
8. Click Corporate Parent / affiliate to add any corporate parent or affiliate.
9. Click Review to proof added information. Click Return to Party Screen after review.
10. Click Submit. (If petition contains a joint debtor, repeat steps 4 - 10.)
11. Assigned divisional office is displayed. Click Next.
12. Enter all debtor information and click Next.
13. Select appropriate radio buttons for both questions and click Next.
14. Select appropriate radio button regarding Income and Expense Schedule and click Next.
15. If this is a Small Business filing: Check all items included with Petition and click Next.
16. If you previously indicated that this filing has deficiencies: Check all applicable boxes and click Next.
17. Complete amounts in Summary of Schedules (if known) and click Next.
18. Browse to select the document to be filed and click Next.
19. If you indicated that you are not filing Schedule D, you are asked if you are filing a List of Secured Creditors. Choose appropriate radio button and click Next.
20. Verify fee information (and Ombudsman due date, if applicable).
21. Click Next then Next.
22. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.