Official Procedure Last Change October 16, 2012
Domestic Support Obligation Notice
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications > Domestic Support Obligation Notice
Things to be aware of when filing: If the case was closed without entry of the Discharge, the Domestic Support Obligation Notice cannot be filed until the court has reopened the case.
This event is used when a Motion for Entry of Discharge - DSO has already been filed, but the 21-day Objection Notice was not filed as part of that Motion. This event allows the separate filing of the Objection Notice without the need to re-file the entire Motion.
- Use of the Court's sample form is recommended.
- The Notice must specify:
- A 21 day objection period from the date the Notice was served;
- The address of the Clerk's office to which any objections must be sent.
- The Notice must be signed by the filing party.
- A Certificate of Service must be included.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Domestic Support Obligation Notice from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Check the Motion for Entry of Discharge or Certification of Eligibility to which the objection notice relates and click Next.
9. Objection deadline is calculated and displayed. Click Next.
10. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
11. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.