Official Procedure Last Change May 12, 2016
Consent to Order for Relief
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > File Involuntary Bankruptcy Case & Pleadings > File Pleadings in Involuntary Case > Consent to Entry of Order for Relief
Things to be aware of when filing: The consent must be as to relief under the chapter proposed by the involuntary petition.
- At any time after the filing of an involuntary petition and before the adjudication of that petition, the alleged debtor can file a consent to the entry of an order for relief.
- After the filing of such consent, the Court may enter the order for relief without further notice or hearing.
- The consent must be signed by the debtor.
- The consent must be as to relief under the chapter proposed by the involuntary petition.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Consent to Entry of Order for Relief from the event list and click Next.
5. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
8. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.