Official Procedure Last Change November 4, 2020
Filers will need the following hardware and software to file documents in the CM/ECF electronic filing system:
- A personal computer running a standard platform such as Windows or Macintosh with minimum memory of 256MB (Windows 2000 requires a minimum of 512MB).
- A PDF-compatible word processor like Macintosh or Windows-based versions of WordPerfect or Word, or software to convert documents from a word processor format to portable document format (PDF), such as Adobe Acrobat (full version, not just Acrobat Reader).
- Internet Service.
- A web browser - the latest versions of Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer are recommended. Some users have had positive experiences with other web browsers, but those listed here have been tested and certified for compatibility with CM/ECF.
- PDF reader software, often available for free.
- A scanner will be necessary if you wish to include existing paper documents with the document you wish to file, for instance to attach a copy of a contract to a Proof of Claim. You will also need software to convert the scanned image to portable document format (PDF) such as Adobe Acrobat (full version, not just Acrobat Reader).