You are here

I am not fluent in English; can I be provided an interpreter for the meeting of creditors?

If you need an oral language interpreter for your 341 meeting of creditors, contact your case trustee (Chapters 7 and 13). Contact the United States Trustee's office for Chapter 11s cases. The court only provides services for language interpreters if the proceeding is brought by the United States. The court will schedule and provide this service if the hearing falls into this description. For any hearing that you will appear before a judge, you will be required to provide your own oral language interpreter.

Click here to return to Clerk's Office Frequently Asked Questions.