Effective December 1, 2017, amendments to the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure will require filers to use the national version of a Chapter 13 plan, or a locally adopted version that complies with certain requirements. The Court has decided to continue use of a local version, and has modified the current plan form to satisfy the new requirements. A copy of the plan form is attached. Instructions for submitting comments appear below. Once the plan form is finalized, a fillable version will be made available on the Court’s website.
The Court is also proposing various amendments to its local rules. The changes include:
- Multiple changes to the rules governing Chapter 13 procedures, both to reflect current practice and to satisfy changes to the national rules.
- New rules modifying the deadlines for filing a non-dischargeability complaint or a challenge to discharge (B-4004-3 and 4007-1).
- Clarifications in B-5011-1 and B-8006-1 on how to designate the record to be transmitted to the District Court.
- A new rule, B-7001-2, setting the procedure for obtaining approval of the sale of co-owned property.
- Completely revamped appearance and withdrawal of appearance rules (B-9010-1 through 9010-3).
- Improved instructions in B-9037-1 for obtaining withdrawal of a document with personal identifiers.
The proposals are linked below. The Judges reserve the right to make additional changes to the rules or the plan form before the December 1st effective date.
Comments to the proposed plan form or to the rules edits can be made by sending an -e-mail to Local_Rules_Comments@insb.uscourts.gov . Deadline for comments is 5:00 PM on Friday, October 20, 2017.