You are here

Trustee's Notice of Unclaimed Dividends

Official Procedure Last Change August 10, 2020

Trustee's Notice of Unclaimed Dividends

How to file: 

Location of event: Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee > Unclaimed Dividends, Notice of

Things to be aware of when filing: The use of the Notice of Unclaimed Dividends form is recommended.

General Information

  • Unclaimed dividends are funds deposited with the Court by the trustee for an owner or recipient who is entitled to the money, but who has failed to claim ownership of it.
  • Funds may be released by the Court when the claimant files an Application for Payment of Unclaimed Funds.
  • This event is for deposit of unclaimed dividends by retired trustees only, using a paper check. All other trustees must deposit unclaimed dividends by ACH transaction, using Notice of Deposit of Unclaimed Dividends.

Filing Requirements

  • The use of the Notice of Unclaimed Dividends form is recommended.
  • Notice of Unclaimed Dividends must have payee's name, last known address, payment amount for each and a grand total for the amount submitted.
  • Notices may only have up to 250 payees listed.
  • If only one claimant is listed, a grand total is not required.
  • After docketing the Notice, submit one check matching the grand total along with a copy of the notice to the Bankruptcy Clerk's Office, Birch Bayh Federal Building and United States Courthouse, 46 East Ohio Street Room 116, Indianapolis IN 46204.

Step-by-Step Instructions

1. Log into CM/ECF.

2. Select Bankruptcy > Trustee/US Trustee.

3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.

4. Select Unclaimed Dividends, Notice of from the event list and click Next.

5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.

6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.

Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.

7. Browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.

8. If filing an amended report, select Amended from the drop down box. Click Next.

9. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.

10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).

Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.