Official Procedure Last Change May 15, 2020
Notice of Mortgage Forbearance (limited users)
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Limited Users > Mortgage Forbearance, Notice of
This procedure is for limited users only. See separate procedure if you are an attorney filer.
This event is available for use by mortgage lenders in bankruptcy legal cases (not adversary proceedings) to report a mortgage forbearance in place pursuant to Sections 4022 and 4023 of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, Economic and Security (CARES) Act, which became effective March 27, 2020..
- The Notice must be signed by the filing party.
- A proposed order is not required.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Limited Users.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Mortgage Forbearance, Notice of from the event list and click Next.
5. Enter name of party filing the document and click Next.
7. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
8. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.