Official Procedure Last Change April 30, 2010
Notice of Hearing on Motion to Extend or Impose Automatic Stay
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications > Emergency Motion to Extend/Impose Automatic Stay, Notice of Hearing on
- If a Motion to Extend or Impose Automatic Stay is filed within the first 10 days after the filing of the bankruptcy case, the Court will prepare and issue an objection notice setting a hearing date.
- If the motion is filed more than 10 days after the filing of the bankruptcy case, the moving party must contact the court for a hearing date and time and must prepare a hearing notice with Certificate of Service and file it using the instructions below. View sample hearing notice
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Emergency Motion to Extend/Impose Automatic Stay, Notice of Hearing on from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. Browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
8. Check box next to the appropriate Motion to Extend or Impose Automatic Stay, if not already checked. Click Next.
9. Select appropriate radio button and click Next.
10. Enter hearing information and indicate whether the Certificate of Service is included in the PDF you attached in step 7. Click Next.
11. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
12. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.