You are here

Acceptable Methods of Payments

Acceptable Methods of Payment

Electronic Public Access Fee Schedule

Fees & Installments

Free or Low Cost Legal Help

Post Judgment Interest Rates

Refund Policy

Trustee's Deposit of Unclaimed Dividends

Unclaimed Funds

The Clerk’s Office accepts:

From debtors - cash, money orders, cashier’s checks and debit cards. The Clerk's Office will verify that the individual presenting the card for payment is the owner of the card when paying with a debit card.  Debit cards are accepted only if they have a Visa or MasterCard number and brand logo. Prepaid debit cards are accepted but WIC, Hoosier Works or other similar Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) cards are not accepted.   Personal checks and credit cards are not accepted from debtors for payment of fees on any case.

Note: debtors who are represented by counsel must route all filing fee payments through that attorney.

From all others - cash, money orders, cashier’s checks, personal checks, debit, Visa, MasterCard, AmericanExpress and Discover.

Those authorized to file documents electronically  can use and pay with one of the listed credit cards or by ACH transaction.

All checks and money orders shall be made payable to “Clerk, U.S. Bankruptcy Court.” Please include the appropriate case number on the check.

No third party checks or other negotiable instruments will be accepted.

Checks and money orders will not be accepted for more than the exact amount of the transaction. If you are mailing a payment, please send it to the following address:

  • For Indianapolis cases: U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Room 116, 46 E. Ohio, Indianapolis, IN 46204
  • For Evansville and Terre Haute cases: U.S. Bankruptcy Cout, 352 Federal Bldg., 101 Northwest Martin L. King Boulevard, Evansville, IN 47708
  • For New Albany cases: United States Bankruptcy Court, 110 U.S. Courthouse, 121 West Spring Street, New Albany, IN 47150

NOTE: Customers paying by cash must have exact change. The Clerk's Office is unable to make change. Any cash amount over the exact fee is forfeited. All checks and money orders shall be made payable to "Clerk, U.S. Bankruptcy Court." Please include the appropriate case number on the check or money order.