CM/ECF or Pacer Login

Voice Case Information System (VCIS)
What is VCIS?



Fees and Unclaimed Funds

Refund Policy

Fees may not be refunded, except by order of the Court, even if the filing was in error or if the case has been dismissed.

Refundable Payments

The following are examples of fees that may be refunded:

  • A refund can be made when a filing fee is accepted by the Clerk's Office on a case where there is no requirement for a filing fee.
  • A refund can be made when an overpayment is received for any of the required statutory filing fees. The Court is only entitled to the prescribed amount.  However, given the administrative cost involved with processing a refund, the Clerk will only refund an overpayment of $25 or more, unless the Court orders otherwise.

Motions for Refund

Motions for refund must be filed with the Court, either electronically or on paper.  If the payment  was made by cash, check,  or money order, then the motion must be accompanied by a completed Form AO213. (This form is not required if the payment was made by credit card.) The motion will be routed to the appropriate Judge.  If the refund is approved,  a check will be mailed to the requestor or, if the fee was paid by credit card, a credit will be issued to the credit card account.  




If you are having problems with this site, please contact webmaster.
Copyright © 2011 US Bankruptcy Court - Southern District of Indiana | All Rights Reserved
Last Updated: 11 April 2014