Notice on Request for Loss Mitigation



How to file:

Location of event: Bankruptcy > Mediation & Loss Mitigation > Loss Mitigation Request Notice


Things to be aware of when filing: This event is for use only after the filing of a Request for Loss Mitigation.



S. D. Ind. B-9019-2
General Order 16-0002



General Information

A party filing a Request for Loss Mitigation is required to distribute a 14-day objection notice, and file a copy with the court along with a certificate of service. If this was not filed along with the Request, the notice may be filed separately using the instructions below.

Filing Requirements



Step by Step Instructions


1. Log into ECF


2. Select Bankruptcy > Mediation & Loss Mitigation


3. Enter case number and click Next


4. Select Loss Mitigation Request Notice and click Next


5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next.


6. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next


NOTE: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.


7. Select the party filer.  If the party is not listed, click on Add/Create New Party. Click Next


Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.


8. Browse to attach the Notice. Click Next


9. Enter date notice was served and click Next


10. Objection due date is calculated and displayed. Select the Request for Loss Mitigation to which the notice relates and click Next


11. Enter additional text, if desired, and/or select prefix text and click Next


12. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next


13. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit and to review Notice of Electronic Filing.



Curing a Deficient Filing

If the Notice is deficient: A corrected notice must be filed using the instructions above prior to the deficiency deadline or the Request may be stricken by the court.


If the Certificate of Service is deficient or missing: A corrected Certificate of Service must be filed using the Certificate of Service (including Statement in Lieu for Address Changes) event prior to the deficiency deadline, or the Request may be stricken by the court.