Motion to Modify Secured Debt



How to file:

Location of event: Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs > Modify Secured Debt, Motion to


Things to be aware of when filing: This event should only be used if seeking to modify an existing secured debt. If seeking to incur a new debt, a Motion to Incur Debt must be filed.


S. D. Ind. B-2002-1(d), B-4001-4


General Information


Filing Requirements

The above information must be stated both for immediately before and after the proposed modification.



Step by Step Instructions


1. Log into ECF


2. Select Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs


3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next


4. Select Modify Secured Debt, Motion to. Click Next


5. Select appropriate radio button to indicate whether or not the Motion you are filing is amended.


6. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next.


7. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next


NOTE: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.


8. Select the party filer.  If the party is not listed, click on Add/Create New Party. Click Next


Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.


9. A warning notice is displayed. Click Next


10. Browse to select the Motion (pdf file).  Click Next


11. Trustee's objection date is displayed. Click Next


12 . If you indicated in step 5 that you are filing an amended motion, all pending motions on the docket are displayed. Select the motion that is being amended and click Next


13. Insert text in text box and/or select prefix text if desired and click Next


Note: The prefix text option is not available if you indicated in Step 5 that the Motion you are filing is amended.


14. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit and to review Notice of Electronic Filing.


15. Upload proposed order



Curing a Deficient Filing

If the Motion is deficient: A new Motion, fixing deficient items, must be filed prior to the deficiency deadline using the above procedure or your original filing may be stricken by the court.