Motion to Transfer Case


How to file:

Location of event: Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs > Transfer Case, Motion to 




FRBP 1014(a)(2)

S. D. Ind. B-1002-1(e)


General Information

Adversary cases


Filing Requirements



Step-by-Step Instructions


1. Log into ECF


2. Select Bankruptcy > Motion, Applications & Briefs


3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next


4. Select Transfer Case, Motion to. Click Next


5. Select appropriate radio button to indicate whether or not the Motion you are filing is amended.


6. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next.


7. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next


NOTE: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.


8. Select the party filer.  If the party is not listed, click on Add/Create New Party. Click Next


Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.


9. Browse to select the Motion (pdf file).  Click Next


10. Select type of transfer being sought : Out-of-District or Within-District.  Click Next


11. If Out-of-District option was selected in the previous step, enter the name of the District. Click Next


      If Within-District was selected, choose the radio button next to the appropriate Southern Indiana division.


12 . If you indicated in step 5 that you are filing an amended motion, all pending motions on the docket are displayed. Select the motion that is being amended and click Next


13 Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next


Note: The prefix text option is not available if you indicated in Step 5 that the Motion you are filing is amended.


14. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit and to review Notice of Electronic Filing.




Curing a Deficient Filing

If the motion is deficient: A new motion fixing deficient items must be filed prior to the deficiency deadline or your original filing may be stricken by the Court.