Application for Payment of Unclaimed Funds

Menu item to use:

Bankruptcy > Motion, Application, or Brief  > Payment of Unclaimed Funds, Application for

SD code:



28 U.S.C. Section 2042


General Information


Filing Requirements

Motion is Filed by an Individual

Motion is Filed by a Funds Locator

Motion is Filed by a Corporation or Business Entity

Note: Payment will be made payable in the owners' name or the name of the Corporation or Business name only. If the Corporation or Business has changed from original ownership, checks will be made payable to the original ownership n/k/a new ownership.


Step-by-Step Instructions

1. Log into CM/ECF


2. Select Bankruptcy > Motion, Application, or Brief


3. Enter the case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next


4. Select Payment of Unclaimed Funds, Application for from the event list and click Next


5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next.


6. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next


NOTE: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.


7. Select the party filer.  If the party is not listed, click on Add/Create New Party. Click Next


Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.


8.   Browse to select the Report (pdf file).  Click Next


9.  Enter amount of refund. Click Next


10. Enter additional text, if desired, and/or select prefix text and click Next


11. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit and to review Notice of Electronic Filing.



Curing Deficiencies

If the Application for Payment from Unclaimed Funds is deficient, a Notice of Deficient Filing will be issued to the filing party.