Application for Compensation and/or Reimbursement of Expenses Pursuant to Sec. 330


How to file:

Location of event: Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs >Compensation and/or Reimbursement of Expenses Pursuant to Sec. 330, Application for



11 U.S.C. 330     

S. D. Ind. B-2016-1  


General Information



In Chapter 13 Cases:



In Chapter 11 Cases:


When not to use this event



Filing Requirements





Note: Applications for Employment should be filed and approved prior to seeking compensation. Employment and compensation cannot be filed in a unified application. A separate pleading must be filed addressing each request.





Step by Step Instructions

1. Log into CM/ECF


2. Select Bankruptcy > Motions,  Applications &  Briefs


3. Enter the case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next


4. Select Compensation and/or Reimbursement of Expenses Pursuant to Sec. 330, Application for from the event list. Click Next


5. Select appropriate radio button to indicate whether or not the Motion you are filing is amended.


6. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next.


7. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next


NOTE: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.


8. Select the party filer.  If the party is not listed, click on Add/Create New Party. Click Next


Note: If you are seeking compensation for somebody else, add that party at this point and select them.


Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create any association that applies and click Next.


9. Browse to select the Motion (pdf file).  Click Next


10. Click Next


11. All parties that are employed on this case are shown on this screen:



If any of the parties who are seeking compensation are not listed, please review docket to ensure they have been previously employed. If they have not, see procedure for Applications to Employ


If the party is shown:  Enter the type and amounts for fees and expenses. Check the Party is not receiving compensation box for any parties that are not seeking payment. Leave the Fee request box blank for that party - do not enter a zero.


12. If you indicated in step 5 that you are filing an amended motion, all pending motions on the docket are displayed. Select the motion that is being amended and click Next


13. Enter additional text, if desired, and/or select prefix text and click Next


Note: The prefix text option is not available if you indicated in Step 5 that the Motion you are filing is amended. The additional text option is not always available.


14. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit and to review Notice of Electronic Filing.


15. Upload proposed order.



Curing a Deficient Filing

If the Application is deficient: A new Application, fixing deficient items, must be filed prior to the deficiency deadline using the above procedure or your original filing may be stricken by the court.