Application for Final Decree


How to file:

Location of event: Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs > Final Decree, Application for


Things to be aware of when filing: The Motion must state the percentage paid to general unsecured creditors in the plan.



S. D. Ind. B-3022-1, B-3022-2


General Information



Filing Requirements


Step-by-Step Procedures

1. Log into CM/ECF


2. Select Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs


3. Enter the case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next


4. Select Final Decree, Application for from the event list and click Next


5. Select appropriate radio button to indicate whether or not the Motion you are filing is amended.


6. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next.


7. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next


NOTE: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.


8. Select the party filer.  If the party is not listed, click on Add/Create New Party. Click Next


Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.


9. Browse to select the Application (pdf file).  Click Next


10. A warning message is displayed. Click Next (unless you are filing an amended motion - see next step)


11. If you indicated that you are filing an amended motion, all pending motions on the docket are displayed. Select the motion that is being amended and click Next


12. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next


Note: The prefix text option is not available if you indicated in Step 5 that the Motion you are filing is amended.


13. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).


Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.



Curing a Deficient Filing

A corrected application, fixing deficient items, must be filed prior to the deficiency deadline using the instructions above, or the original Application may be stricken from the record.