Answer to Involuntary Petition


How to file:

Location of event: Bankruptcy > File Pleadings in Involuntary Case> Involuntary Answer



11 USC 303(d)(h)

FRBP 1007 (a)(2), 1013


General Information






Filing Requirements


Step-by-Step Instructions

1. Log into CM/ECF


2. Select Bankruptcy >  File Pleadings in Involuntary Case


3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next


4. Select Involuntary Answer from the event list and click Next


5. External Users Only: Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys and click Next



6. Select the party filer and click Next.  If the party is not listed, click on Add/Create New Party


Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association.




7. Browse to select the Answer (pdf file).  Click Next


8. Select the Involuntary Petition to which the answer relates and click Next


9. Click Next


10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).


Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.



Curing Deficiencies

If the Answer is deficient, an amended Answer must be filed prior to the deficiency deadline using the instructions above, or the Answer may be stricken.