Response to Objection to Claim


How to file:

Location of event: Bankruptcy > Claims > Claim Events > Response to Objection to Claim(s)



11 USC 502(a, b)

FRBP 3007


General Information

If a party has filed an objection to claim, the affected claimant has 30 days in which to file a response if they do not agree with the objection.

If no such response is filed, the court may enter an order upholding the objection. If a response is filed, a hearing may be set.


Filing Requirements


Step-by-Step Instructions

1. Log into CM/ ECF


2.  Select Bankruptcy > Claims > Claim Events


3.  Enter the case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next


4.  Select Response to Objection to Claim(s) from the event list and click Next


5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next


6. Select the party filer.  If the party is not listed, click on Add/Create New Party


Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association.


7. Browse to select the document to be filed  (pdf file).  Click Next


8. Select the objection to claim to which you are responding and click Next


9. Enter additional text, if desired, and/or select prefix text and click Next


10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).


Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.



Curing Deficiencies

If the Response is deficient, an amended document must be filed prior to the deficiency deadline using the instructions above, or the original document may be stricken.