Response to Withdrawal of Reference


How to file:

Location of event: Bankruptcy > Appeals & Withdrawals of Reference > Response-Withdrawal of Reference


Things to be aware of when filing: This event should only be used to file a response to a Motion for Withdrawal of Reference. For any other kind of response, use the Search link in the blue bar at the top of CM/ECF to locate the most suitable event. Show me how




FRBP 5011

S.D.Ind. B-5011-1


General Information



Filing Requirements


Step-by-Step Instructions

1. Log into CM/ECF


2. Select Bankruptcy > Appeals & Withdrawals of Reference


3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next


4. Select Response-Withdrawal of Reference from the event list and click Next


5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next.


6. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next


NOTE: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.


7. Select the filing party from the party list and click Next


8. Browse to select the Response (pdf file).  Click Next


9. Enter date the Response was served, as shown on its Certificate of Service, then click Next


10. Response deadline (for the filing of a reply by the opposing party) is calculated and displayed. Click Next


11. Select the Motion for Withdrawal of Reference to which the Response relates and click Next


12. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next


13. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).


Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.



Curing Deficiencies

If the Response is deficient, an amended Response must be filed prior to the deficiency deadline using the instructions above, or the document may be stricken.