Filers will need the following hardware and software to file documents in the CM/ECF electronic filing system:
- A personal computer running a standard platform such as Windows or Macintosh with minimum memory of 256MB (Windows 2000 requires a minimum of 512MB).
- A PDF-compatible word processor like Macintosh or Windows-based versions of WordPerfect or Word, or software to convert documents from a word processor format to portable document format (PDF), such as Adobe Acrobat (full version, not just Acrobat Reader).
- Internet Service
- One of the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or 8.0
- Mozilla Firefox 3.5
Note: CM/ECF is NOT compatible with Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher or Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or higher. The use of either of these browsers, or any other such as Opera, Safara, etc. may result in intermittent errors when filing documents and in receiving court e-mail notifications from within CM/ECF.
PDF reader software, often available for free.
- A scanner will be necessary if you wish to include existing paper documents with the document you wish to file, for instance to attach a copy of a contract to a Proof of Claim. You will also need software to convert the scanned image to portable document format (PDF) such as Adobe Acrobat (full version, not just Acrobat Reader).
Is use of bankruptcy support software (or “upload program”) permitted?
While the court does not maintain or endorse a particular software brand e.g., Best Case, EZ Filing, etc.), the use of such software is permitted. However, the Clerk’s Office cannot troubleshoot the software nor can we guide a user through the steps to file documents using such software – contact your software provider for assistance. We will attempt to assist a user with any corrective steps necessary to fix a docket error that is related to a software glitch or user error.
What are the office codes required by my support software?
Indianapolis - Office Code 1
Terre Haute - Office Code 2
Evansville - Office Code 3
New Albany - Office Code 4